We’re currently collecting exhibitors for the 2018 Stark Mini Maker Faire. Check back after April 20 as we fill out the list for 2018.
Become an Exhibitor
Last Year’s Exhibitors
Get inspired by this list of exhibitors from the 2017 Stark Mini Maker Faire. Check out all the cool things to see, learn, and do!
Canton Hacker and Maker Place
CHAMP’s exhibit is based on the Arduino micro controller. Attendees will have hands on experience programming the Arduino to make a servo motor move and LED lights blink. CHAMP will also display several Arduino powered items including: 3d printer, a robot hand that moves, a robot that draws on eggs, a drone, and more! http://hackcanton.com/
Renewable Energy Perspectives
Green Energy Ohio volunteers will demonstrate and explain renewable energy options using a trailer with 8 solar panels, an electric vehicle, and a table top fuel cell demo. Located in the parking lot.
Colors and Chords
A light show display presented by Net Think Tank. The experience will include activities involving full color stage lights, LED rainbow cubes, and virtual reality.
Department 100 will demonstrate 3D printing and how to get started creating 3D objects.
Learn about Gardening and growing through a series of mini workshops. http://starkfresh.org/
|3pm-3:45pm||Indoor kitchen scrap gardens|
|4pm- 4:45pm||DIY “Good Bug” Hotel: To attract beneficial insects to your yard|
|5pm- 5:45pm||Kitchen Food Hacks: Things you can do to make food preparation and cooking much easier!|
|6pm- 6:45pm||Indoor Worm farming: Create Compost from food scraps!|
|7pm-7:45pm||Bird Feeder from recycled materials|
Demonstration with Chris Rondinella.
Electric Pete’s E-bikes
Pete Smakula from Electric Pete’s E-bikes in Akron will display E-bikes.
Wheel demonstrations on a pottery wheel
Hand building demo with Teresa Marinakis 2-4 pm
Professional Ceramicist and Canton Ceramics Artist Guild President, Frank Susi 4-6 pm
Presented by the Canton Museum of Art
Glazed Ceramics with Donna Seebach
Handmade acrylic glazed ceramics including holiday and seasonal creations.
Sweet Events by Sugar Rush
Layer cake decorating demonstration and hands-on cupcake decorating.
Sewing demonstration and hands-on activities. Presented by Louise Harding.
DIY: How to make hand and foot scrub.
Spinning with Rochelle Kramer
Learn about spinning your own yarn and textiles.
Mayfield Manor Assisted Living
Art exhibit and hands-on art activity.
Wilmot Wilderness Center
Hands-on bird feeder activity.
What Can You Do with Alpaca Fleece
Kathy Williams will demonstrate how to create with alpaca fleece.
Wood Carving by Chuck
Demo and display of wood carvings by Chuck Keehn.
Wood Carving Angels
Demo and display of wood carved angels by Tim Barr.
Weekend Projects: Wreaths
McKinley High School Pep Band
Performance by the band from 4:30-5:00 in Teen department
Canton City School District STEAMM Academy
- 1,2,3 Code: Students from 7th grade STEAMM Academy @ Hartford Middle School will teach computer programming essentials using programs called Code Combat, Lightbot, and MIT App Inventor. Attendees will complete a hands on activity appropriate to for their age, and walk away with a new found addiction to computer programming!
- Fun With Laser Engravers: See all the cool things we can make with a laser engraver! Operated by our 8th grade students, we will show you what can be done with this piece of equipment. Feeling adventurous? Let us laser engrave something for you while you watch!
- Computer Science @ STEAMM: 7th grade students from STEAMM Academy @ Hartford Middle school will showcase work that they’ve completed this semester in our computer science class. Students will showcase apps created using MIT App Inventor, webpages built in Wix, and coding accomplishments within Code Combat.
- Project Oasis: Students have worked on a community service learning project called Project Oasis, that deals with the issues regarding Canton City area food desert. Students have researched, built, and brainstormed solutions to this problem that they will showcase for the public to raise awareness.
Stark County District Library – Technology Petting Zoo
Check out hot new tech innovations at the SCDL Technology petting zoo!
- WeJoySing (Hands-on, interactive musical activities for children. Play instruments, sing, dance, and have fun! http://www.wejoysing.com/)
- Norio Kids
- Make a Kite
- Fun with Makey Makey
- Teens CREATE (Music and Snap Circuits)